“Your health is your wealth”


We all know that one’s health is the most important thing. Just ask someone who has major health problems then you’ll realise that everything else, such as your job, social life etc.depends on it. Most things you enjoy doing require you to be physically able and whole both mentally and physically.  I believe wherever possible, do what you can to ensure you eat right, sleep enough, drink well and live with your health in mind.
For the past 2 years, I’ve made a conscious effort to read and research the benefits of different foods, drinks and a healthy lifestyle. I actually did a self-analysis on my own food habits, regular diet and fitness. Needless to say, there was and still is room for change. It’s a process. 

To be honest I’m not a health freak or a gym fanatic (far from it). However, I have come to the conclusion that I do NOT want to be fat, overweight and obese. You might laugh and say that couldn’t happen to me. But I’ve seen pictures of some women who were size 8/10/12 in their prime and all of a sudden they get “comfortable” “lazy” “inactive” and boom their waistline has expanded incredibly. I do not want to be that woman, so help me God!
So, here are a few tips and ideas I have learnt thus far in this journey called life.
1.     Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! Water! (how many times did I type it? 7=perfection) Water is your body buddy, drink as much as possible daily, your body will love you for it (minus the endless trips to the toilet)
2.     Fruits and vegetables. Blueberries aka wonder food are my current obsession at the moment. I could write a separate blog on why they’re so good. I would recommend you eat these everyday, here are a few reasons –  boost your immune system, promote a healthy digestive system, good brain food and improves memory. Get eating! On to the vegetables, I have this new rule that with all my meals there must be something green to accompany it, that ranges from green beans, broccoli, asparagus, cucumber, lettuce and cabbage. This ensures I’m eating my vegetables. Carrots are great on the go to, get crunching!
3.     Sleep! Do not deprive yourself of sleep in the name of insomnia or being “busy”. You are NOT productive if you’re tired and look/feel a hot mess. Beauty sleep is necessary and it does that, makes you look beautiful and feel refreshed minus the bags and tired eyes. Our bodies need sleep do not deceive yourself. I’ve been there, done that and had the red eyes! Not cute!
4.     Exercise! Blerghhhhh! My sentiments exactly, until I realised I was so unfit running for a train *sigh* major wake up call! You do not , I repeat do not have to be a gym fanatic. 30 minutes doing something is better than nothing, that could include power walking, running, jogging, sit ups, squats, body-pump, aerobics, zumba, my fave is my abs blast dvd in the comfort of my home.  Join a class, drag a friend along for a run, go to the gym. Whichever works best for you. Just do it! (no pun intended)
5.     Pamper yourself. Treat yourself to a spa, massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. Almost every Saturday, I give myself a eucalyptus oil facial steam. I turn my room into a spa! Ha! Get a deep bowl, pour hot water into it, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil, sit over it with a towel over your head. Inhale and exhale for 10-15 minutes (or longer if you want). There you have it. Results are amazing for the skin!
Those are my top 5 that I can remember for now. The point I want to make is that, you only have one body, love it and treat it right. Everything needs to be in moderation, whether it’s eating, drinking even exercise. Once you get the balance right and discover what works for you, stick to it.
Wishing you all a blissful week full of endless love, joy, health and life!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Son of Deputy Governor of Sokoto State LMS dies in horrific car accident